Alabama wide receiver Traeshon Holden became one of the first members of the Crimson Tide to announce a paid endorsement taking advantage of his name, image and likeness.
At around midnight Holden made the announcement on his social media page that he will he partnering with YOKE Gaming, an app which enables fans to play video games with their favorite athletes.
In his announcement Holden left the following statement:
“We are COLLEGE ATHLETES… We are building out brands and working everyday to be the best student-athletes we can be. We finally have the chance to get paid for marketing opportunities. This is my first paid post announcing I’ve joined (YOKE Gaming). All fans can now game with me on the (YOKE Gaming) app. All athletes DM me and I can help you get set up and let’s get PAID.”
Holden also announced a partnership with College Football Edits, a social media graphic designer page who primarily works on edits regarding college football athletes.
Ahead of the new NIL protocols going into effect, Alabama Athletics shared its own protocols to help its student-athletes know what deals they can make:
- Employees of The University of Alabama may not compensate or arrange any compensation deals to a current or prospective student-athlete for his or her name, image or likeness.
- Compensation will be commensurate with the market value.
- It is not permissible for compensation to be provided in exchange for athletic performance or attendance at The University of Alabama.
- Compensation can come in the form of money, goods or services.
- Contracts for compensation cannot extend beyond participation as a student-athlete at The University of Alabama.
- Opportunities must not conflict with academic nor team-related activities.
- Use of any registered marks, logos, verbiage or designs owned and protected by The University of Alabama is not permitted unless receiving prior written permission.
- Student-athletes must utilize COMPASS platform to disclose agreements/contracts.
- Student-athletes are permitted to obtain professional representation to assist with securing opportunities for compensation. Representation must be for name, image, likeness only and not for future professional contract negotiations.
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber only content!*
Patrick Dowd is a Reporter for Touchdown Alabama Magazine. You can follow him on Twitter, via Pat_Dowd77