Alabama assistant coaches Bo Davis and Tosh Lupoi were extremely vocal Friday in the team’s second day of fall practice. Both coaches pushed for more energy and enthusiasm from the players. Defensive backs coach Mel Tucker was more talkative, explaining to Alabama’s safeties what he wants and walking them through drills.
- Senior Jake Coker has quickened his release. His footwork has improved too.
- David Cornwell and Blake Barnett had a nice mixture of bullet and touch passes.
- Sophomore Cooper Bateman fired a dart to running back Ronnie Clark
- Junior Alec Morris looked a bit slow with his release.
- Coker remains the leader in reps for the first-team offense.
- True freshman Damien Harris made an acrobatic reception on a pass from Barnett.
- Redshirt freshman Ronnie Clark looked smooth in drills and displayed soft hands.
- Freshman Xavian Marks showcased good footwork and caught a few passes.
- Freshman Bo Scarbrough (knee) looked fluent, even in a black, non-contact jersey.
- Junior Derrick Henry led the group in drills, followed by senior Kenyan Drake.
- Defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson (junior) needs to strike more with his hands.
- Sophomore Da’Shawn Hand looks bigger. Needs to drive more with his hips.
- Juniors Dalvin Tomlinson and Jonathan Allen both excelled in drills.
- Senior defensive tackle Jarran Reed had great footwork in the rush drill.
- A’Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed led the group through drills.
- Coach Tosh Lupoi continues to preach “consistency” to junior Tim Williams.
- Williams showed flashes of explosive play, but didn’t finish the job.
- True sophomore Rashaan Evans continues to impress with aggressiveness.
- Freshman Jamey Mosley needs to attack the ball more. Lacking a burst.
- Senior Denzel Devall led the group through drills.
- Sophomore wide receiver Cam Sims (knee) and freshman defensive lineman Anfernee Jennings were left off the 105-man roster.
- Junior tight end O.J. Howard has improved as a blocker.
- Korren Kirven (junior) is on the offensive line now.
- True freshman receiver Deionte Thompson has changed his jersey number to 23.
- Bo Scarbrough was Alabama’s third running back. Damien Harris was fourth.
- Senior cornerback Cyrus Jones (hip) got a lot of reps with the first-team.
Stephen M. Smith is a senior analyst and columnist for Touchdown Alabama Magazine, Pick Six Previews and SB Nation. You can “like” him on Facebook or “follow” him on Twitter, via @ESPN_Future.