Head coach Nick Saban and Alabama entered day three of fall practice Saturday, despite temperatures in the mid 90s and a heat index of 106 degrees. Shoulder pads were implemented, as the Crimson Tide should be in full pads next week. Sunday’s fan day activities are fresh on everyone’s mind, but for now, yours truly will recap day three of fall practice.
- Redshirt junior and veteran receiver Chris Black sported a black, non-contact jersey. His legs weren’t tapped or braced, yet he was on an exercise bike throughout practice.
- Redshirt sophomore ArDarius Stewart led in Black’s absence, followed by Deionte Thompson, Daylon Charlot and Richard Mullaney.
- True freshman Deionte Thompson high-pointed the ball well.
- Sophomore receiver Robert Foster led group two through drills, followed by Calvin Ridley and Derek Kief.
- Senior Dillon Lee was practicing with inside linebackers for a third straight day.
- True freshman Adonis Thomas struggled with staying focused in drills.
- Senior Ty Flournoy-Smith was limping a lot. He did not participate in drills.
- Dakota Ball (junior) joined O.J. Howard and Johnny Dwight in drills.
- Senior Cyrus Jones made a one-handed interception.
- Sophomore Tony Brown and senior Bradley Sylve were neck and neck in some matchups.
- True freshmen Ronnie Harrison and Shawn Burgess-Becker both looked explosive in tackling drills and locating the ball. Burgess-Becker took cues from defensive backs coach Mel Tucker and senior Geno Smith.
- Freshman Bo Scarbrough remains third in the rotation, followed by Damien Harris, Ronnie Clark and Xavian Marks.
- Running backs worked on pass blocking and catching.
- Sophomore left tackle Cam Robinson (foot) was taken off the field. Injury doesn’t look severe. Coach Saban hasn’t released details.
- Junior defensive lineman A’Shawn Robinson almost knock a trainer over in drills.
- Former Notre Dame and Kansas head coach Charlie Weis was in attendance