Alabama football returned to practice Monday in preparation for its conference opener against Ole Miss. Temperatures were in the low 80s with sunshine, as head coach Nick Saban and company went to work. TDAM contributor Jennifer Perry and yours truly with observations.
Notes from Monday’s practice
- Junior offensive lineman Brandon Greene took some reps at first-team right tackle, during the media viewing period. Greene saw action at tight end last season.
- Wide receiver Chris Black took one group through drills, and was followed by ArDarius Stewart, Richard Mullaney and Derek Kief.
- Sophomore receiver Robert Foster headed the other group, followed by Calvin Ridley, Daylon Charlot, Deionte Thompson and Cameron Sims.
- Senior Jacob Coker led one group of quarterbacks through drills. Alec Morris and Seth Franks stood behind him. Cooper Bateman took the other group with David Cornwell, Blake Barnett and a walk-on (No. 10) behind him.
- Defensive back Jabriel Washington and wide receiver Raheem Falkins both sported black, non-contact jerseys Monday. Neither of the two participated in drills.
Alabama’s head coach Nick Saban on injuries during Monday’s press conference
“We don’t really have any injuries to report. We’ve got a couple of guys that will be in black jerseys today but I don’t think anybody that will be out for this game,” Saban said.
Alabama players in scout-team jerseys
- WR Derek Kief (#1, representing Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell)
- ILB Adonis Thomas (#10, representing Ole Miss LB C.J. Johnson)
- ILB Walker Jones, same as Thomas (#10)
- OLB Christian Miller (#27, representing Ole Miss DE Marquis Haynes)
- OLB Jamey Mosley, same as Miller (#27)