Alabama football held practice indoors Wednesday, despite mostly-cloudy skies and a temperature of 84 degrees. The media got its final look of Alabama’s scheme for Ole Miss, as the two will face each other Saturday. TDAM senior analyst Stephen M. Smith and yours truly with observations.
Notes from Wednesday’s Practice
- Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake led the running backs, followed by Damien Harris and Ronnie Clark.
- Bradley Bozeman was running with the ones at the right guard spot ahead of Alphonse Taylor. Taylor will likely get the start this week, but do not be surprised to see Bozeman take quality reps.
- Senior Dominick Jackson saw reps at first-team right guard.
- The receiving core was working on high point of the ball as well as a lot of slants and comeback routes. Expect to see a lot of quick, short routes this week to spread out the Landsharks.
- Sophomore Robert Foster took one group through drills, and was followed by Calvin Ridley, Daylon Charlot, Parker Barrineau and Deionte Thompson.
- Wide receiver ArDarius Stewart led the other line, followed by Richard Mullaney, Cameron Sims, Chris Black and Derek Kief.
- Cyrus Jones and Tony Brown led the cornerbacks today, followed by Marlon Humphrey switching in and out with Brown.
- Safety Jabriel Washington was seen in a n0n-contact jersey riding the exercise bike and wide receiver Raheem Falkins is still in a non-contact jersey, but both are expected to dress and play this week according to Coach Saban.
- Cooper Bateman led the drills today followed by Jacob Coker and Alec Morris but both were taking quality reps. Coach Kiffin had them working on play-action deep passes as well as those short, intermediate passes.
Alabama players in scout-team jerseys
- RB Bo Scarbrough (#17, representing Ole Miss TE Evan Engram)
- RB Derrick Gore (#22, representing Ole Miss RB Jordan Wilkins)
- RB Xavian Marks (#6, representing Ole Miss RB Jaylen Walton)
- WR Derek Kief (#1, representing Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell)
- WR Deionte Thompson, same as Kief (#1)