Alabama head coach Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide returned to practice Monday, after a 34-0 shutout win over Louisiana-Monroe last week. It was at Thomas Drew-Field in cloudy, 75-degree weather conditions for day one of Georgia preparations. Listed below is a recap.
Notes from Monday’s practice
- Defensive end Jonathan Allen (shoulder) and defensive back Jabriel Washington (knee) both participated fully in drills. Neither of the two sported a black, non-contact jersey. Saban said Washington “should be able to play” against Georgia.
- Senior Dillon Lee was working beside outside linebackers. He was third in position drills, behind Tim Williams and Denzel Devall.
- True freshman running back Bo Scarbrough was among three other backs without a scout-team jersey on. Derrick Henry, Kenyan Drake and Damien Harris were the other three. Scarbrough will see his first NCAA action this weekend in Athens, Ga.
Alabama players in scout-team jerseys
- RB Ronnie Clark (#27, representing Georgia’s RB Nick Chubb)
- RB Derrick Gore, same as Clark (#27)
- RB Xavian Marks, (#1, representing Georgia’s RB Sony Michel)
- WR Deionte Thompson (#26, representing Georgia’s WR Malcolm Mitchell)