Alabama returned to Thomas-Drew Field for practice Monday after defeating Texas A&M 41-23 last week. The Crimson Tide practice in sunny, 72-degree weather for its first session of prep work for the Tennessee Volunteers. Yours truly of TDAM providing all observations.
Notes from Monday’s practice
- Senior center Ryan Kelly was at practice, but did not participate in drills. He sported a black, non-contact jersey due to a concussion he sustained against Texas A&M. Alabama head coach Nick Saban said Kelly is still in the team’s concussion protocol.
- Sophomore J.C. Hassenauer was taking first-team reps at center.
- A thigh bruise against the Aggies has not bothered senior running back Kenyan Drake. He fully participated in drills, during both media viewing periods.
- Both Reggie Ragland and Dillon Lee worked with inside linebackers.
- Redshirt freshman outside linebacker Jamey Mosley (6-foot-5, 221 pounds) sported a white No.11 jersey and was used at scout-team quarterback. He represented Tennessee signal-caller Joshua Dobbs, who stands at 6-foot-3, 207 pounds.
Alabama players in scout-team jerseys
- RB Ronnie Clark (No. 1, representing Tennessee RB Jalen Hurd)
- RB Derrick Gore (No. 6, representing Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara)
Kamara is a former Alabama signee in 2013.