Alabama took the practice field Wednesday for its final media viewing period. The Crimson Tide practiced in sunny, 65-degree weather conditions. It was day three of game week prep for Saturday’s match-up with Mississippi State.
Yours truly of TDAM providing all updates.
Notes from Wednesday’s practice
- Running back Kenyan Drake fully worked through drills behind Derrick Henry for a second consecutive day. Coach Saban said in Monday’s presser that would be okay, despite “getting his bell rung” against LSU.
- Dominick Jackson (ankle) participated in footwork drills and did some run blocking work at first-team right tackle, but stood to the side during the latter portion of media viewing period. Offensive lineman Korren Kirven stood in his place.
- Alabama quarterbacks and wide receivers worked on post patters and slant routes to the inside. Wide outs Richard Mulaney, ArDarius Stewart and Daylon Charlot each brought in some nice catches.
- Freshman quarterback David Cornwell represented Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott, giving a look to Alabama’s first team nickel package.
- Sophomore Tony Brown was once again seen going through drills with safeties under defensive backs coach Mel Tucker.
Alabama players in scout team jerseys
- WR Deionte Thompson (No. 1, representing De’Runnya Wilson)
- TE Johnny Dwight (No. 84, representing Darron Hutcherson)
- RB Derrick Gore (No. 32, representing Ashton Shumpert)
- RB Ronnie Clark (No. 32, representing Ashton Shumpert)
What to follow
Alabama head coach Nick Saban will his final game week press conference Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. Player interviews will follow, featuring tight end Michael Nysewander, defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson and receiver Richard Mullaney.