After a 31-14 victory over Notre Dame in the Rose Bowl, the Alabama coaching staff has named seven Players of the Week in nine spots.
Alabama’s Will Anderson and Josh Jobe were named twice on the list being awarded players of the week for their efforts on defense and special teams.
The two defenders were also joined by Christian Barmore and Charlie Scott on special teams.
On offense, the staff named Mac Jones, DeVonta Smith and Alex Leatherwood as the top players from the win from last Friday.
- Continued his steady play with a 25-of-30 effort that included 297 yards and four touchdowns
- Connected from 26, 12, 34 and seven yards on his four scoring strikes
- Added five rushes for 20 yards by day’s end
- Led an Alabama offensive line unit that helped UA post 437 yards of total offense
- Helped open holes for the Tide to rush for 140 yards on just 25 carries for a 5.6 yards per carry average
- Kept Mac Jones upright as the Alabama quarterback finished 25-of-30 on the day
- Picked up Most Valuable Player honors in the Rose Bowl
- Led all pass-catchers with 130 yards and three touchdowns on seven receptions
- Scored from 26, 34 and seven yards away
Will Anderson Jr.
- Provided constant pressure off the edge to force Ian Book into tough situations all day
- Totaled six tackles to tie for third on the team
- Credited with four quarterback pressures by Pro Football Focus
- Was nearly unblockable all day against the Fighting Irish
- Applied consistent pressure to the quarterback, including one sack (-14 yards)
- The sack was part of his five total tackles by game’s end
- Finished second on the team in tackles with seven stops
- Added a forced fumble while locking down his side of the field
Will Anderson Jr.
- Blocked the Notre Dame field goal try just before half to help the Tide maintain a two-touchdown lead heading into the break
- Set the tone right away, forcing a fumble on the opening kickoff with a huge hit on the ND returner
- Called on to punt three times on the night, totaling 127 yards on his three boots
- Averaged 42.3 yards per punt with a long of 46
- Dropped two of his punts inside the 20-yard line to pin the Irish deep
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber only content!*
Patrick Dowd is a Reporter for Touchdown Alabama Magazine. You can follow him on Twitter, via Pat_Dowd77