Like many college athletes Alabama defensive back Josh Jobe is adding some help to his circle to manage his future marketing deals.
Jobe has signed with GSE Worldwide and will be represented by agent Ian Grutman. The Junior added the contact information to his social media bio over the weekend.
GSE Worldwide is one of the worlds leading athlete and personality management groups as the company represents a large amount of athletes and broadcasting personalities. The agency represents a pair of former Alabama players in Minnesota Vikings tight end Irv Smith Jr., along with Miami Dolphins wide receiver Jaylen Waddle.
Student-athletes were officially permitted to earn compensation for their name, image and likeness on July 1 with numerous student-athletes and Alabama players taking advantage of the new protocols.
Ahead of the new NIL rules going into effect, Alabama Athletics shared its own protocols to help its student-athletes know what deals they can make:
- Employees of The University of Alabama may not compensate or arrange any compensation deals to a current or prospective student-athlete for his or her name, image or likeness.
- Compensation will be commensurate with the market value.
- It is not permissible for compensation to be provided in exchange for athletic performance or attendance at The University of Alabama.
- Compensation can come in the form of money, goods or services.
- Contracts for compensation cannot extend beyond participation as a student-athlete at The University of Alabama.
- Opportunities must not conflict with academic nor team-related activities.
- Use of any registered marks, logos, verbiage or designs owned and protected by The University of Alabama is not permitted unless receiving prior written permission.
- Student-athletes must utilize COMPASS platform to disclose agreements/contracts.
- Student-athletes are permitted to obtain professional representation to assist with securing opportunities for compensation. Representation must be for name, image, likeness only and not for future professional contract negotiations.
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber only content!*
Patrick Dowd is a Reporter for Touchdown Alabama Magazine. You can follow him on Twitter, via Pat_Dowd77