Alabama’s Jahmyr Gibbs was selected as a finalist for the Paul Hornung Award, the Louisville Sports Commission announced Thursday.
Gibbs is one of four finalists for the Hornung and is joined by Jack Colletto (Oregon State), Emeka Egbuka (Ohio State) and Will Shipley (Clemson) to make up the group. DeVonta Smith became the Crimson Tide’s first and only recipient of the award when he took home the hardware at the end of the 2020 season.
The Hornung Award is named after football legend and Louisville native Paul Hornung. Now in its 13th season, the award is presented annually to the most versatile player in major college football. The 2022 winner of the Hornung will be announced on Dec. 7.
Jahmyr Gibbs, Running Back/Kick Returner
- Contributes as a running back, receiver and on kick return
- Ranks third in the SEC and seventh nationally in all-purpose yards with 1,300
- Totaled a team-high 771 rushing yards – good for fourth in the conference – and six touchdowns on 113 carries
- Averaging 6.8 yards per carry to lead the SEC and rank fifth among Division I backs
- Recorded a team-best 39 receptions for 365 yards and three scores
- Also contributed 164 yards on seven kickoff returns in 2022
**This information was acquired from a recent press release from Alabama Athletics.**
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber only content!*