Alabama football returned to practice Wednesday in sunny, 88-degree weather at Thomas-Drew Field. The Crimson Tide held its second media viewing period for Louisiana-Monroe.
Yours truly of TDAM with observations.
Notes from Wednesday’s practice
- Senior inside linebacker Reggie Ragland saw reps with outside ‘backers’ in the first viewing period. Coach Tosh Lupoi had the group working on swim moves against Alabama’s reserve offensive linemen.
- Alabama shifted into its dime formation in the second period, and had four outside linebackers involved, Ryan Anderson, Denzel Devall, Tim Williams and Rashaan Evans.
- Linebacker Dillon Lee stayed on the field with Ragland at inside and outside ‘backer’ for much of the second period. Sophomore Shaun Dion Hamilton was also involved.
- Senior Richard Mullaney and sophomore ArDarius Stewart took one group of wide receivers through drills. True freshman Calvin Ridley led the other group for a second straight day.
Alabama players in scout-team jerseys
- WR Deionte Thompson (#17, representing UL-Monroe’s WR RJ Tucker)
- Several of Alabama’s walk-on wideouts wore No. 2 (Rashon Caesar) and No. 21 (Ajalen Holley)