Coach Saban spoke to the media today following Wednesday’s practice. Today was the Crimson Tide’s third day of preparation to face the Texas A&M Aggies in College Station, TX this Saturday the 17th.
Coach Saban Quote of the Day:
“To grow, you have to continually evaluate where you are”
- Continuing on growth: “I don’t think there’s a player on our team that would say to you, “I’ve played my best yet”.
- On Blake Barnett’s illness: “He wasn’t feeling well, so we decided to admit him to the hospital for tests, and will miss the next two days of practice. That probably puts him out this week, but we took precaution with his situation.”
- On Blake Barnett’s role/redshirt: “We are still developing him, and if he develops to where we think that down the road he can play and help our team, we’ll play him.
- On TAMU wide receivers: “When they have their 4 wideouts in the game, you have to get as much speed on the field as you can. You also have to have some size up front to stop the run.”
- On TAMU offense: “Their versatility and athleticism creates opportunities for more players to play.”
- On Dalvin Tomlinson: Dalvin has had to overcome a tremendous amount personally and with football. He has shown great character in his ability to get through those personal things and through his previous injuries. Dalvin has been great for us and we consider him a starter.
- On JK Scott: “He has been punting better in practice and we are very confident that he can build the consistency we want him to have out there.”
- On Eddie Jackson’s move to safety: “He was a little apprehensive at first to move, but he’s been very dedicated in his approach of learning the position”
Starting tight end O.J. Howard spoke to the media today, the hype surrounding this game and how big getting an SEC road win is. Watch the video to hear it from O.J. himself.
Defensive lineman Dalvin Tomlinson also spoke to the media, touching on how the “family feeling” on the team has intensified this year. Watch Dalvin’s comments below
Tune in to CBS on Saturday, October 17th at 2:30 CST to watch the #10 Alabama Crimson Tide take on SEC West foe, the #9 Aggies of Texas A&M. This matchup has playoff implications and could determine the table for the SEC West.