Alabama football was in shoulders pads for practice Wednesday at Thomas-Drew Field. It worked in sunny, 82-degree weather conditions, during its third day of game planning for Texas A&M. TDAM writer Justin Wagner and yours truly providing all updates.
Notes from Wednesday’s practice
- Sophomore Cam Robinson was back at left tackle again, fully participating in drills.
- Senior Reggie Ragland was working with outside linebackers in the first viewing period, while Dillon Lee was with inside ‘backers.
- Freshman quarterback Blake Barnett missed a third day of practice (Wednesday), but is out of the hospital. Quarterback David Cornwell represented TAMU’s Kyle Allen for Alabama’s scout-team offense.
- Freshman defensive lineman Anfernee Jennings practiced with tight ends.
- Offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin had all quarterbacks executing post routes to the inside and outside, along with slant patterns to the inside.
- Alabama’s outside linebackers worked on creating leverage with their hands, arms and hips. Texas A&M quarterback Kyle Allen has been sacked 13 times this season.
Alabama players in scout-team jerseys
- RB Xavian Marks (#3, representing Texas A&M WR Christian Kirk)
- WR Derek Kief (#11, representing Texas A&M WR Josh Reynolds)
- WR Deionte Thompson, same as Kief (#11)
- OLB Jamey Mosley (#15, representing Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett)
- OLB Christian Miller (#10, representing Texas A&M DL Daeshon Hall)
- DB Shawn Burgess-Becker (#23, representing Texas A&M DB Armani Watts)
- CB Kendall Sheffield (#3, representing Texas A&M DB De’Vante Harris)
Alabama’s first-team dime defense
- DL A’Shawn Robinson
- DL Jarran Reed
- LB Reggie Ragland
- LB Reuben Foster
- CB Cyrus Jones
- CB Marlon Humphrey
- S Eddie Jackson
- S Geno Matias-Smith
- Star Minkah Fitzpartick
- Money Ronnie Harrison
Stephen M. Smith is a senior analyst and columnist for Touchdown Alabama Magazine.