Alabama continued its preparation for the Tennessee Volunteers on Wednesday . The Crimson Tide practiced in a very sunny, 80-degree weather conditions for the final media viewing practice. TDAM scouting coordinator Justin Wagner and senior analyst Stephen M.Smith bring you the latest about the preparation for this Saturday’s matchup.
Notes from Wednesday’s practice
- Senior center Ryan Kelly (concussion) was still in a black non-contact jersey. He was at practice, but did not participate for a third straight day. Sophomore J.C. Hassenauer was in his place.
- True freshman quarterback Blake Barnett was running the scout team, handing the ball off to running backs Derrick Henry, Damien Harris, and Bo Scarbrough
- Starting defensive tackle Jarran Reed, returned to practice after not practicing yesterday. The senior was a little banged up from last week’s matchup with Texas A&M.
- Outside linebacker Jamey Mosley was still wearing a No. 11 jersey, representing Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs. Mosley has similar size to Dobbs (6-foot-5, 221 pounds) and played quarterback at Theodore High School in Mobile, Ala.
- True freshman safety Ronnie Harrison was in the first-team dime “rabbit” package at the “Money” position.
- True freshman defensive lineman Anfernee Jennings returned to working with the defensive line. He received reps at tight end all of last week.
- NFL scouts from the Atlanta Falcons, Kansas City Chiefs and Arizona Cardinals were on hand to view the practice.
Alabama head coach Nick Saban will have his final game week press conference Wednesday night at 6:00 PM central time. Stay tuned for details.