Every week the Alabama coaching staff sits down after its film sessions to highlight which players stood out with their on-field play from the prior game.
The staff selected five players, two on offense and defense as well as one special team’s player, who earned recognition following the team’s win over Missouri last Saturday.
Alabama’s players of the week went as followed:
QB Mac Jones
- Went 18/24 for 249 yards and two touchdowns
- Connected with wide receiver Jaylen Waddle twice for scores of 18 and 23 yards
- Averaged 13.8 yards per completion with his longest pass coming in at 46 yards
WR Jaylen Waddle
- Posted a career-high in receptions with eight
- Led the team with 134 receiving yards and two touchdowns
- Averaged 16.8 yards per receptions and converted six first downs on nine targets
LB Christian Harris
- Totaled six tackles against Missouri
- Tied the team lead in tackles for loss during the game with 2.0 and also recorded a sack
- Helped Alabama reach its highest accumulated tackles for loss (8.0) in a single since 2018
CB Josh Jobe
- Earned a starting spot at corner after a solid performance in the Citrus Bowl in 2019
- Placed second on the team in tackles with seven
- Recorded one sack along with a forced fumble and pass breakup
S DeMarcco Hellams
- Led all special teamers with two solo tackles on kickoff coverage
- Helped Alabama limit Missouri to just two returns for 48 yards.
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber only content!*
Patrick Dowd is a Reporter for Touchdown Alabama Magazine. You can follow him on Twitter, via Pat_Dowd77