Alabama head coach Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide returned to practice Wednesday for day three of preparation for Georgia. The Crimson Tide practiced in sunny, 81-degree weather conditions at Thomas-Drew Field. Yours truly of TDAM providing all observations.
Notes from Wednesday’s practice
- Senior Jacob Coker led all quarterbacks through post patterns throws to the outside. Offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin had each signal-caller rolling out in attempting passes.
- Wide receiver Cameron Sims was second in position drills, behind ArDarius Stewart in one group. He snagged a couple of passes and finished a solid dunk attempt on one.
- Defensive end Jonathan Allen (shoulder) and defensive back Jabriel Washington both fully participated in practice. Allen sported a brace on his left shoulder, yet still moved well in position drills and Alabama’s first-team dime package.
- Wide receiver Raheem Falkins (leg) was in a black, non-contact jersey but participated in drills nonetheless. His left ankle was taped.
- Senior Reggie Ragland was spotted working with inside and outside linebackers during both media viewing periods. He was the first linebacker to lineup in Alabama’s “dime rabbits” look.
Alabama players in scout-team jerseys
- OLB Jamey Mosley, Adonis Thomas (#84, representing Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd)
- OLB Christian Miller (#59, representing Georgia OLB Jordan Jenkins)
- RB Xavian Marks (#16, representing Georgia WR Isaiah McKenzie)
- CB Kendall Sheffield (#14, representing Georgia CB Malkom Parrish)
Coach Saban’s press conference will be tonight at 6:00 p.m. CT.
Stephen M. Smith is a senior analyst and columnist for Touchdown Alabama Magazine.