Quick Hits: Alabama Continues Arkansas Prep
Subscribe| Get the App! IOS /Android| Apparel
Justin's Recruiting Bites|Recruit Rankings
It is back to work for Alabama football, as it continued practice indoors Wednesday in preparation for the Arkansas Razorbacks. The Crimson Tide held its final media viewing period in the Hank Crisp Indoor Facility. Yours truly and TDAM senior analyst, Stephen M. Smith provide all observations.
Notes from Wednesday’s practice
- Offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin had quarterbacks working on deep post patterns, fade routes in the red zone and short drag routes to the inside.
- Senior Jacob Coker showed good touch on the deep post routes, as well as good placement with the fade route passes.
- Alabama’s wide receivers lined up in three different groups: X, H and Z.
- True freshman Calvin Ridley took group X through pass-catching drills, while ArDarius Stewart led group Z and Richard Mullaney headed group H.
- Junior wideout Raheem Falkins (leg) was near the end of the line. He is still sporting a black, non-contact jersey despite participating in drills.
- Senior Dillon Lee was working beside inside linebackers. He was working with outside linebackers in the last two days.
- Freshman running back Bo Scarbrough was fourth in position drills, he was behind Damien Harris, Kenyan Drake and Derrick Henry.
- Freshman defensive tackle Daron Payne was getting extra reps during the media’s second viewing period. He recorded a tackle, a pass breakup and a QB hurry against Georgia.
Other Alabama players in scout-team jerseys
- Redshirt sophomore RB Ronnie Clark (#3, representing Arkansas’ RB Alex Collins)
- Sophomore walk-on RB Derek Gore, same as Clark (#3)
- Freshman RB Xavian Marks (#17, representing Arkansas’ Jojo Robinson)
- Redshirt freshman WR Derek Kief (#80, representing Arkansas’ WR Drew Morgan)
- True freshman WR Deionte Thompson, same as Kief (#80)
- Redshirt freshman TE Johnny Dwight (#84, representing Arkansas’ TE Hunter Henry)
A couple of NFL scouts were inside the Hank Crisp facility, including one from the Cincinnati Bengals. Alabama head coach Nick Saban will have a press conference tonight at 6:00 p.m. CT inside the Mal Moore Athletic Facility.
Justin Wagner is the Scouting Coordinator and Lead Recruiting Analyst for Touchdown Alabama Magazine, Follow him on Twitter, at @jwag718.
Stephen M. Smith is a senior analyst and columnist for Touchdown Alabama Magazine.
You can “like” him on Facebook or “follow” him on Twitter, via @ESPN_Future.