Alabama hit the practice field Monday, after an emotional 30-16 win over LSU. The team worked in jerseys, helmets and shorts, despite temperatures at 57 degrees. It was day one of Alabama’s game week prep for Mississippi State. Yours truly of Touchdown Alabama Magazine providing all updates.
Notes from Monday’s practice
- Running back Kenyan Drake was limited during one of the viewing periods. He stood to the side, while Bo Scarbrough and Damien Harris were behind Derrick Henry. Coach Saban mentioned in Monday’s press conference that Drake “got his bell rung” against LSU.
- Right tackle Dominick Jackson appeared to be limited. He stood to the side after footwork drills, allowing offensive lineman Korren Kirven to take first-team reps.
- Brandon Greene, who took Jackson’s reps last week, was backing working with tight ends.
- Wide receiver Raheem Falkins (foot) fully participating in route running and pass-catching drills. He remains in a black, non-contact jersey.
Alabama players in scout team jerseys
- WR Deionte Thompson (No. 1, representing MSU wide out De’Runnya Wilson)
- RB Lawrence Erekosima, Xavian Marks (No. 10, representing MSU RB Brandon Holloway)
- RB Derrick Gore, Ronnie Clark (No. 32, representing MSU RB Ashton Shumpert)