Alabama returned to practice Monday, after defeating Charleston Southern 56-6 last week.
The Crimson Tide practiced indoors, avoiding sunny yet cold 55-degree weather conditions. It was day one of game week prep for Auburn. Yours truly of Touchdown Alabama Magazine with all updates.
Notes from Monday’s practice
- Senior running back Kenyan Drake fully participated in footwork drills, behind Derrick Henry. Alabama head coach Nick Saban said Drake would go through individual drills all week to see if his right arm holds up. He was able to grip a football, despite that arm being housed in a cast and heavily wrapped.
- Right tackle Dominick Jackson (ankle) and defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick (knee) both practiced Monday. Fitzpatrick sported a brace on his left knee, but it had no effect on his speed in position drills. Jackson had his left ankle tapped, but continued to work on the first-team offensive line.
- Redshirt freshman linebacker Keith Holcombe (knee) was present at practice, but appeared to be limited. He injured his knee early on against Charleston Southern and did not return to action.
- Sophomore cornerback Tony Brown returned to work with safeties, due to Fitzpatrick’s return.
- Running backs Ronnie Clark and Derrick Gore donned No. 25 and 29 scout team jerseys, representing Auburn tailbacks Peyton Barber and Jovon Robinson. Lawrence Erekosima wore No. 9, representing Tigers’ running back Roc Thomas.