Alabama returned to practice Monday to continue its College Football Playoff title game work for Clemson.
The Crimson Tide will enter next week’s contest off a 38-0 shutout win against Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl.
Yours truly of TDAM providing all observations.
Notes from Monday’s practice
- Four January enrolles from Alabama’s 2016 recruiting class participated in drills
- QB Jalen Hurts, four-star prospect, Channelview, Texas
- OT Jonah Williams, five-star prospect, Folsom, Calif.
- DE Christian Bell, three-star prospect, Birmingham
- TE Miller Forristall, three-star prospect, Cartersville, Ga.
- Hurts wore a No. 4 scout-team jersey, representing Clemson QB Deshaun Watson. He has tossed for 3,699 yards, rushed for 1,032 yards and totaled 43 touchdowns this year.
- Running backs Ronnie Clark and Derrick Gore were also in scout team, wearing Nos. 9 and 24 to represent Clemson backs Wayne Gallman and Zac Brooks. Gallman leads the Tigers in rushing with 1,482 yards and 12 touchdowns on 269 carries.
- Sophomore cornerback Tony Brown was absent from Monday’s practice. He was sent home last week for a “violation of team rules” during Alabama’s Cotton Bowl prep session, according to head coach Nick Saban.