Alabama finished its first week of fall practice on Saturday in 93-degree weather conditions.
Players donned jerseys, shorts and helmets for a third straight session, as the Tide prepares for its annual fan day on Sunday at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Notes from Saturday’s practice
– The first group on the offensive line looked just as it did on Thursday with Cameron Robinson (LT), Lester Cotton (LG), Ross Pierschbacher (center), Bradley Bozeman (RG) and Jonah Williams (RT).
– Lineup for second group on O-Line (left to right): Matt Womack, Dallas Warmack, J.C. Hassenauer, Alphonse Taylor and Korren Kirven.
– Defensive line coach Karl Dunbar had his group working on striking offensive linemen and getting to the ball. Jonathan Allen and Da’Ron Payne led drills. Dalvin Tomlinson, Da’Shawn Hand, Joshua Frazier and Johnny Dwight followed them.
– Alabama’s 2016 signees Raekwon Davis and Jamar King (JUCO transfer) were both in the rotation, jogging with coach Dunbar.
– Rotation at safety has been the same all week under defensive backs coach, Derrick Ansley. Eddie Jackson led drills and was followed by Laurence Jones, Ronnie Harrison and Deionte Thompson.
– Cornerback Tony Brown continues to work beside safeties, as he’s done since late in 2015.
– Sophomores Minkah Fitzpatrick and Marlon Humphrey are the two mainstays at cornerback with coach Saban. Kendall Sheffield followed them during the second viewing period.
– O.J. Howard, Hale Hentges, Brandon Greene and Miller Forristall were the first four tight ends performing blocking drills in the first viewing period. Irving Smith, a freshman in the Tide’s 2016 class, stood behind the first group. He stands at 6-foot-4 and weighs 235 pounds.
– Calvin Ridley and ArDarius Stewart continue to lead both groups of wide receivers. Graduate transfer Gehrig Dieter had a couple of nice grabs.
-Alabama will have its annual fan day on Sunday at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Saban, offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin and defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt will speak prior to the open practice.