Alabama football’s Will Anderson Jr. has been named the Southeastern Conference Defensive Player of the Year, as the league office announced individual awards for the 2022 season Wednesday.
The honors were voted on by the league’s 14 head coaches, who were not permitted to vote for their own players.
Will Anderson Jr.
- One of the top defenders in all of college football who has put together another standout 2022 campaign
- Selected as the Nagurski Trophy winner, which is awarded to the nation’s top defensive player, claiming the honor for a second consecutive year (2021 and 2022)
- Totaled 51 tackles on the year, including 17 for loss (-72 yards) and 10 sacks (-54 yards)
- Ranks sixth nationally in sacks and seventh in tackles for loss while leading the SEC in both categories
- Contributed a team-high 12 quarterback hurries while adding one pass breakup, a blocked field goal and a pick-six
**This information was acquired from a recent press release from Alabama Athletics.**
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber only content!*