Jalen Milroe has been the most incredible story in college football this season.
He had the worst betting odds of winning the starting quarterback job for the University of Alabama in the offseason and was benched in favor of Tyler Buchner against South Florida.
The sophomore transformed himself into one of the nation’s best playmakers and has the Crimson Tide playing for a Southeastern Conference Championship. Milroe also has the Tide with its College Football Playoff hopes alive. He added his name to legendary status in the Iron Bowl with a 31-yard, game-winning touchdown pass against Auburn on fourth down in the fourth quarter. Milroe found wide receiver Isaiah Bond in the left corner of the end zone, delivering the Tide to a 27-24 victory at Jordan-Hare Stadium. His heroics will get him a commemorative Daniel Moore painting to remember the moment forever.
He is a semifinalist for the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award, but Milroe is a finalist for the Manning Award.
Here are your #ManningAward Finalists‼️
Congratulations to these 10 quarterbacks on their remarkable seasons thus far🏈
— Manning Award (@ManningAward) November 30, 2023
The Manning Award, which is judged by the Allstate Sugar Bowl Committee, honors Archie, Peyton, and Eli Manning.
It goes to the top quarterback in college football, and two Alabama players have won the honor — Mac Jones and Bryce Young — since 2004. Jones earned the award in 2020 while Young captured the Manning Award and Heisman Memorial Trophy in 2021.
Milroe is eighth all-time in school history for single-season total touchdowns (33).
Jalen Milroe, Manning Award finalist
- One of the most dynamic quarterbacks in college football
- Completed 158-of-238 passes for 2,526 yards and 21 touchdowns compared to six interceptions
- Added 439 yards and 12 scores across 126 carries as a runner
- He ranks second in the SEC and third nationally in passer efficiency rating at 179.6
- Averaging 10.61 yards per pass attempt to rank second nationally while recording 15.99 yards per completion to rank fifth in Division I and second in the SEC
- Tied for 22nd nationally and fourth in the league for rushing touchdowns by any player
Milroe takes on Georgia this weekend for a chance to capture an SEC Championship.
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber-only content!*