Head coach Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide returned to practice Wednesday in sunny, 82-degree weather. TDAM contributor Maxwell Taylor and yours truly have updates.
Notes from Wednesday’s practice
- Senior Jake Coker took a group of quarterbacks through drills, followed by Alec Morris and walk-on Seth Franks (No.19).
- David Cornwell led the other group in passing drills, followed by Cooper Bateman, Blake Barnett and a walk-on wearing No. 10
- Redshirt junior wide receiver Chris Black headlined a group of receivers, followed by ArDarius Stewart, Richard Mullaney, Daylon Charlot and Cameron Sims.
- Sophomore receiver Robert Foster took the other group through drills, behind him was Calvin Ridley, Derek Kief and Deionte Thompson.
- Richard Mullaney and Calvin Ridley both made a couple of nice grabs in drills.
- Junior Alphonse Taylor was worked at first-team right guard. Bradley Bozeman was his backup.
- Senior Dominick Jackson looked very strong at right tackle, while Brandon Greene remains his backup.
- Alabama’s defense unveiled its “dime rabbits” look during the second media viewing period.
Alabama’s dime rabbits package
- CB Cyrus Jones
- CB Marlon Humphrey
- S Geno Smith
- S Eddie Jackson
- DB Maurice Smith, CB Minkah Fitzpatrick- Extra defensive backs
- LB Reggie Ragland
- LB Reuben Foster
- LB Denzel Devall
- DL A’Shawn Robinson
- DL Jonathan Allen
Senior linebacker Dillon Lee shadowed Reuben Foster.