Weather conditions forced Alabama indoors Wednesday for its second game week practice in preparation for Charleston Southern. Conditions outside were cloudy and 60 degrees.
Yours truly of TDAM with all updates.
Notes from Wednesdays’ practice
- Freshman Minkah Fitzpatrick (knee) was absent for a second straight day. Coach Saban said Fitzpatrick is “day-to-day” and may not get a lot of reps in this week. Sophomore Tony Brown and junior Maurice Smith are competing to fill in his role at “Star.” Brown took reps at star in the first-team nickel package, while Smith shadowed him.
- Right tackle Dominick Jackson participated in footwork drills, but sat out in run blocking drills Wednesday. Korren Kirven stood in place.
- Freshman running back Bo Scarbrough was third in position drills. Saban said both he and Damien Harris “will have a role this week.”
- Running backs Derrick Gore and Ronnie Clark both wore scout team jerseys. Gore wore No. 2, representing Charleston Southern’s Ben Robinson, while Clark wore No. 24 to represent Darius Hammond.
- Freshman wide out Daylon Charlot wore No. 3, representing Buccaneers’ wide receiver Nathan Perera.
Coach Saban will have his final game week press conference at 6:00 p.m. CT inside the Mal Moore Athletic Facility.