Alabama football returned to practice Tuesday, after having two days off. It worked in sunny, 82-degree weather during both media viewing periods. TDAM contributor Ivan White and yours truly with notes from day 17 of fall camp from Thomas-Drew Field.
Notes from Tuesday’s practice
- Senior Jake Coker led one group of quarterbacks through drills during the second viewing period. He was followed by Alec Morrs and walk-on Seth Franks.
- Quarterback David Cornwell commanded the other group, followed by Cooper Bateman, Blake Barnett and a walk-on wearing No. 10.
- Wide receiver ArDarius Stewart took one group of receivers through drills, followed by Chris Black, Richard Mullaney, Daylon Charlot and Cameron Sims.
- Wide receiver Robert Foster headlined the other group of wideouts, followed by Calvin Ridley, Derek Kief and Deionte Thompson.
- Dominick Jackson (shoulder) worked at first-team right tackle. He strained his shoulder in Saturday’s scrimmage, but was in practice Tuesday.
- Alabama’s offensive line (left to right): Cam Robinson, Ross Pierschbacher, Ryan Kelly, Alphonse Taylor and Dominick Jackson
- True freshman Lester Cotton got reps at second-team left tackle.
Alabama’s nickel package (first-team)
- CB Cyrus Jones
- CB Marlon Humphrey
- S Geno Smith
- S Eddie Jackson
- Star Minkah Fitzpatrick
- ILB Reggie Ragland
- ILB Reuben Foster
Junior defensive back Maurice Smith was the lone substitution in Alabama’s dime look, as he replaced Ragland at Money.
Alabama will continue with practice Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. No press conference will follow.