Quick Hits: Alabama’s focuses on Wisconsin
Subscribe| Get the App! IOS /Android| Apparel
Justin's Recruiting Bites|Recruit Rankings
It’s Wisconsin hate week for Alabama fans, but head coach Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide took to Thomas-Drew Field Monday in preparation for Saturday night’s matchup against the Badgers. TDAM contributor Maxwell Taylor and yours truly with observations from Monday.
Notes from Monday’s practice
- Senior Jacob Coker headed one line of quarterbacks through drills, followed by Alec Morrs and walk-on Seth Franks.
- Redshirt freshman David Cornwell led the other group, and was followed by Cooper Bateman and Blake Barnett.
- Senior linebacker Dillon Lee returned to working beside outside linebackers. He was third in position drills, behind Denzel Devall and Ryan Anderson. Lee was with inside ‘backers’ in the last few sessions.
- Alabama’s first-team offensive line (left to right): Cameron Robinson, Ross Pierschbacher, Ryan Kelly, Alphonse Taylor and Dominick Jackson.
- The first two tight ends getting reps with the offensive line were juniors O.J. Howard and Dakota Ball.
- Sophomore wide receiver Cameron Sims (knee) is no longer in a black, non-contact jersey. He was wearing a brace on his left leg, but did participate in pass-catching drills. He could play against Wisconsin.
Alabama’s first-team dime package
- CB Cyrus Jones
- CB Marlon Humphrey
- S Geno Matias-Smith
- S Eddie Jackson
- Star Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Money Maurice Smith
- Mack LB Reuben Foster
- Jacob Coker was spot on numerous deep ball patterns, including one to Chris Black.
- Alec Morris, David Cornwell and Cooper Bateman each had a few questionable throws.
- Chris Black, Calvin Ridley, Derek Kief and Cam Sims all brought in at least one nice catch.
Stephen M. Smith is a senior analyst and columnist for Touchdown Alabama Magazine and SB Nation. You can “like” him on Facebook or “follow” him on Twitter, via @ESPN_Future.
Maxwell Taylor is a contributing writer for Touchdown Alabama Magazine. You can “like” him on Facebook or “follow” him on Twitter, via @alp2345.