For the fourth time this season, Alabama quarterback Mac Jones has been named SEC Offensive Player of the Week after a massive performance in the Iron Bowl.
Jones had previously been honored for his games against Texas A&M, Georgia and Tennessee.
Last Saturday, he was able to have a bounce-back game against dreaded rival Auburn after throwing two interceptions in the heartbreaking loss a season ago. This time around the Crimson Tide was able to win 42-13 behind the arm of Jones.
- Continued his stellar play, helping the Alabama offense put up 42 points against the SEC’s No. 3 scoring defense
- Recorded a career-high five passing touchdowns to tie the Iron Bowl record
- Finished with 302 passing yards and averaged 16.8 yards per completion
- Completed at six throws of at least 24 yards, four of which went for touchdowns
- Leads all Power 5 quarterbacks with a 208.0 passer efficiency rating
Alabama will travel to Baton Rouge this week to take on the LSU Tigers in hopes to avenge another loss from a season ago.
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber only content!*
Patrick Dowd is a Reporter for Touchdown Alabama Magazine. You can follow him on Twitter, via Pat_Dowd77