School is in session, yet Alabama took to Thomas-Drew Field Thursday for day 14 and session 18 of fall practice. The Crimson Tide was greeted with cloudy weather conditions and temperatures in the low 80s. TDAM contributor Maxwell Taylor and yours truly have updates.
Practice Notes from Thursday
- Senior quarterback Jake Coker (toe) led the line through drills, during the media’s viewing period. He was followed by Alec Morris and Cooper Bateman.
- David Cornwell led the second group of quarterbacks. He was followed by Blake Barnett and a walk-on wearing No. 19.
- Wide receiver Robert Foster (knee) was back leading one group of receivers through drills, after being near the back of the line for the last two days. The knee didn’t bother him much as he high-pointed the ball well.
- Wide receiver ArDarius Stewart led the second group of receivers through drills. He was followed by Chris Black (ankle), Richard Mullaney and Daylon Charlot.
- Receivers Calvin Ridley, Derek Kief and Deionte Thompson followed Foster.
- Sophomore receiver Cameron Sims (knee) and Raheem Falkins (foot) both wore black, non-contact jerseys. Sims wore a brace on his left knee and Falkins was seen wearing a walking boot on his left foot.
- Senior running back Kenyan Drake (hamstring) was limited, during the media viewing process.
- Alphonse Taylor got reps at first-team right guard.
- Sophomore left tackle Cam Robinson wasn’t in a non-contact jersey; however, he was sporting a brace on his right shoulder.
Alabama’s dime package look from Thursday
- CB Cyrus Jones
- CB Marlon Humphrey
- S Eddie Jackson
- S Geno Matias-Smith
- S Ronnie Harrison*
- Mack LB Reuben Foster
Maurice Smith and Minkah Fitzpatrick were used as extra defensive backs.
* denotes a mixture at safety in Alabama’s dime look.