Weather conditions forced Alabama to practice indoors Saturday, as it enters day two of preparing for Wisconsin on Sept. 5. It will begin its normal game week schedule next Monday.
Notes from Saturday’s practice
- Senior Jake Coker and junior Alec Morris got extensive reps with veteran receivers. Alabama head coach Nick Saban said he’s preparing both guys for Wisconsin. Cooper Bateman was behind Morris and Coker in the first viewing period.
- The quarterbacks split into two lines during the second media viewing period.
- As usual, Coker and Morris led one group, while David Cornwell, Bateman and Blake Barnett were in the other.
- Senior running back Kenyan Drake was second in position drills, behind Derrick Henry. True freshman Damien Harris was third, followed by Bo Scarbrough, Ronnie Clark and Xavian Marks.
- Junior Alphonse Taylor still seeing reps at first-team right guard.
- Redshirt junior wide receiver Chris Black took one group of wideouts through drills. He was followed by ArDarius Stewart, Richard Mullaney and Daylon Charlot.
- Wide receiver Robert Foster led the other group in position drills, followed by Calvin Ridley, Derek Kief and Deionte Thompson.
Alabama players in scout team jerseys for Wisconsin
- RB Bo Scarbrough (No. 6, representing Corey Clement)
- RB Xavian Marks ( No. 23, representing Dare Ogunbowale)
- RB Lawrence Erekosima (No. 28, representing Taiwan Deal)
- CB Kendall Sheffield (No. 8, representing Sojourn Shelton)
Alabama’s first-team nickel package
- CB Cyrus Jones
- CB Marlon Humphrey
- S Geno Matias-Smith
- S Eddie Jackson
- Star Minkah Fitzpatrick
- LB Reggie Ragland
- LB Reuben Foster