Alabama football returned to practice Tuesday, after having Monday off. It looks to rebound from a 37-43 loss to Mississippi last week at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Head coach Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide practiced at Thomas-Drew Field in sunny, 84-degree weather conditions. TDAM contributor Ivan White and yours truly with observations.
Notes from Tuesday’s practice
- Senior Jacob Coker led one of two quarterback lines through passing drills. He is expected to start this weekend against Louisiana-Monroe. Cooper Bateman took the other line through drills.
- Senior Richard Mullaney and sophomore ArDarius Stewart anchored one group of wide receivers in drills. They were followed by Cameron Sims, Chris Black and Kenyan Drake.
- With Robert Foster (shoulder) out, true freshman Calvin Ridley took his line through drills. He was followed by Daylon Charlot, Derek Kief and Deionte Thompson.
- Defensive back Jabriel Washington (knee) did participate in drills, but appeared to be limited. Wide receiver Raheem Falkins did not participate in drills.
Alabama players in scout-team jerseys
- RB Bo Scarbrough (#28, representing UL-Monroe RB DeVontae McNeil)
- WR Deionte Thompson (#17, representing UL-Monroe WR RJ Turner)
- OLB Jamey Mosley (#34, representing UL-Monroe’s Michael Johnson)