Not even one day has passed since the student-athletes have been able to profit off of their name, image and likeness, and there is already some overlap on their marketing opportunities.
After Alabama wide receiver Traeshon Holden announced his deal with YOKE gaming earlier today, more members of the Crimson Tide have announced deals with the gaming company.
Below are the other Alabama players partnering with YOKE gaming:
Each player posted the same statement from Yoke gaming, urging other collegiate athletes to work with the company and profit off their own NIL.
The statement reads:
“We are COLLEGE ATHLETES… We are building out brands and working everyday to be the best student-athletes we can be. We finally have the chance to get paid for marketing opportunities. This is my first paid post announcing I’ve joined (YOKE Gaming). All fans can now game with me on the (YOKE Gaming) app. All athletes DM me and I can help you get set up and let’s get PAID.”
Ahead of the new NIL protocols going into effect, Alabama Athletics shared its own protocols to help its student-athletes know what deals they can make:
- Employees of The University of Alabama may not compensate or arrange any compensation deals to a current or prospective student-athlete for his or her name, image or likeness.
- Compensation will be commensurate with the market value.
- It is not permissible for compensation to be provided in exchange for athletic performance or attendance at The University of Alabama.
- Compensation can come in the form of money, goods or services.
- Contracts for compensation cannot extend beyond participation as a student-athlete at The University of Alabama.
- Opportunities must not conflict with academic nor team-related activities.
- Use of any registered marks, logos, verbiage or designs owned and protected by The University of Alabama is not permitted unless receiving prior written permission.
- Student-athletes must utilize COMPASS platform to disclose agreements/contracts.
- Student-athletes are permitted to obtain professional representation to assist with securing opportunities for compensation. Representation must be for name, image, likeness only and not for future professional contract negotiations.
This post will be updated.
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber only content!*
Patrick Dowd is a Reporter for Touchdown Alabama Magazine. You can follow him on Twitter, via Pat_Dowd77