On Thursday the Walter Camp Football Foundation announced that Alabama has three players named to the 2021 Preseason Walter Camp All-America teams.
Throughout the first and second teams are offensive lineman Evan Neal, outside linebacker Will Anerson Jr. and defensive back Josh Jobe.
The three players are among 50 total student-athletes named to the Walter Camp Preseason All-America Team, which is comprised of 25 players apiece on the first and second teams.
Will Anderson Jr.
- Returns for his second season at UA after being selected as the Shaun Alexander-FWAA Freshman of the Year and earning multiple Freshman All-America honors in 2020
- Started every game as a freshman, totaling 52 tackles, including 10.5 for loss (-52 yards) and seven sacks (-39 yards), to go with a forced fumble and team-high eight quarterback hurries
- Ranked third in the SEC in sacks and tackles for loss at season’s end
- Applied 60 pressures (according to Pro Football Focus) through his 13 starts to lead the nation and more than double the next-closest freshman defender
- Has proved to be one of the Tide’s top lineman from day one, starting every game since stepping foot on campus two seasons ago
- Started at right tackle as a sophomore after beginning his career at left guard
- Played 810 snaps with just six missed assignments and three penalties a season ago
- Credited with 1.5 sacks allowed while surrendering just four quarterback hurries and three pressures in 2020
- Excelled in his first season starting at corner, earning Honorable Mention All-America honors from Pro Football Focus as a junior
- Totaled 55 tackles, including 2.5 for loss (-9 yards) and two sacks (-9 yards), and added 11 pass breakups to go with two forced fumbles and one quarterback pressure
- Allowed one reception every 20.0 coverage snaps in 2020 to rank sixth nationally, according to PFF
- Gave up just 26 receptions for 209 yards and one touchdown on 521 coverage snaps as a junior
The Walter Camp Foundation is one of five outlets used to determine consensus All-American status, along with the Associated Press, the Football Writers Association of America, the American Football Coaches Association and The Sporting News.
*Get the BEST Alabama football insider information, message board access, and recruiting coverage today! SIGN UP HERE to unlock our subscriber only content!*
Patrick Dowd is a Reporter for Touchdown Alabama Magazine. You can follow him on Twitter, via Pat_Dowd77